Frequently Asked Questions

Are you working remotely due to COVID-19?
Yes, we are. Please reach out to us by phone or email during normal business hours, and we'll get back to your shortly.  Leave a message with your name, contact information, and a short summary of the issue.  This will help us to better serve you.
How do I contact Boston University's Center for Professional Education?
You can reach us by phone at 617-353-4497 (Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.), by email at, or by fax at 617-353-4494.
Is there any financial aid available?
Financial aid is limited due to the non-credit status of our programs. Visit our Funding Options page for more information.
What is the deadline to register?
Students are required to register no later than one week prior to the class start date, to ensure sufficient time for the instructor and CPE to prepare course materials. Registrations received within one week of the class start date will be subject to a non-refundable $50 late registration fee. If you know you will be registering late, please call us to make arrangements.
Is parking available?
Yes, please visit our page on parking for more information.
Can I stop by your office to discuss a program?

Yes, but we ask that you call us at 617-353-4497 at least two days ahead of time to schedule an appointment.

Please note that program directors and instructors do not have offices on campus.

How do I request a transcript?
Find information on obtaining an unofficial transcript here.
Are the programs eligible for student visas?
International students who do not currently have visas are not able to attain them through registration in our programs, as our programs are non-credit. International students already in the country are welcome to take our programs. International students abroad may take our online programs.
What is Boston University’s relationship with All Campus and MindMax?
For our online programs, we partner with outside organizations to handle registrations, payments, marketing, and some of the other administrative tasks. All academic content is developed by Boston University and all instructors are hired and employed by Boston University.
Will I receive continuing education credits for attending the course?
Participants may earn CEUs, CPEs, PDUs and other continuing education credits by attending our programs. To take advantage of this opportunity, please contact your professional association directly. Boston University's Center for Professional Education will confirm your attendance and document the number of contact hours involved in the program.
How can I learn more about BU's Center for Professional Education programs?

We invite you to attend one of our Information Sessions, held throughout the year. Information Sessions are a great way to learn more about the program field (including career opportunities). Meet the program director and faculty, hear details about the academic curriculum and certificate requirements, and ask any specific questions you may have. We can often send you an archived version of our information sessions for review.

Can't make an Information Session? Feel free to contact us.

What is the difference between a "certificate" and "certification"?
Upon successful completion of most CPE programs, students will receive a certificate from Boston University identifying that they have met the academic requirements established by Boston University showing competency in their area(s) of study. Certification is granted through an outside agency. Boston University is not a certifying agency for any field.
Can I get Education Credits (American Opportunity and Lifetime Learning Credits) for my course(s)?
You may be able to claim the Education Credit as outlined in IRS Publication 8863.  Please check with your own tax professional to determine your eligibility for this tax credit.  Since CPE courses are non-credit, we do not provide 1098T forms, which are used for a different kind on tax credit.  Your receipt(s) will suffice.  You can access your receipts through your student account (Login - this website).  BU's TIN is 04-2103547.
Required fields are indicated by .